Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Days 12-14

Day 12
Friday 5:30am nap I had another oversleep. It started simply enough: "I'll wait till the next alarm goes off" (I have multiple series of alarms in 5 min increments). Didn't hear the next set of alarms go off. I woke up naturally a few hours later, and thought shoot, I screwed up...might as well enjoy it, and proceded to sleep until 12:30 for a total of 7 hours. The dejection you feel after everything you put in is very strong, and I can definitely understand why many people give up around this point, as you really do feel it is hopeless. Fortunately, my reasons for doing this motivated me to just keep trying, and so I went to bed an hour later in order to keep to the schedule, despite my not being tired at all. No sleep, but very relaxed. All the naps afterwards went fine. I was pleasantly surprised that I felt completely fine for the rest of the day, as opposed to the previous oversleep where I was beyond zombie mode.

Day 13
Ok, Saturday is the day to pay for my mistake yesterday. I was tired the entire day. Not a zombie, but many hours just standing in front of the clock waiting for bed time. Mostly just tried watching TV or going for walks, trying to force myself to keep awake. I did have dreams for 2 of the naps, although I didn't get any 'refreshed' feeling afterwards. Just a miserable day really.

Day 14
Sunday went surprisingly well. I was up and at'em for most of the day. Very energetic. Even my low points (mid morning till early afternoon) were pretty good for at least half of the cycle. The last half of each of the low cycles were difficult, but doable. I'm definitely feeling encouraged by the way today went.

No comments:

Post a Comment