Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Day 8

After returning from the party, I stayed up watching tv and browsing the internet until my 5:30am nap. I was really tired by that point, and remember thinking that I really just wanted to go to bed for real and not have to get up in another 20min. Well, I got my wish, as I didn't wake up till my wife woke me up 2.5 hours later. She asked me if I was supposed to be sleeping, and when I realized what happened, I let out a Sh*%!! I quickly got up, and just as quickly, I became an instant zombie. But zombie really isn't even the word to describe what I was after oversleeping. My face was distorted, I couldn't shut my mouth. My wife kept asking me the same questions over and over, but all I could let out was a small incoherent noise. I went into a near constant microsleep for the next several hours, just going in and out of consciousness, despite my walking around, eating, drinking, taking the dogs out. A neighbor saw me and knew something was wrong, and kept trying to talk to me, but I once again could not let out more than a grunt. I shook my head when she asked if I was sick, and that seemed to appease her. My wife was doing everything she could think of to keep me awake...she even suggested I eat wasabi, as she knows that I detest it, and I didn't want to make myself even more miserable than I already was. She suggested soaking my feet in a tub of cold water while we watched a sitcom (Samantha Who?) together. Even with that, I went in and out, and didn't have a clue about what I was watching. This was definitely the worst of all of them, and it was because I overslept!! Def don't want to oversleep again!!

After the 5:30am nap, which I overslept by maybe half an hour, I seemed ok...tired, but definitely functional. The rest of the day went great after that, with schedule intact, full of energy.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Man,

    Reading through your blog now and just wanted to say you have an awesome wife! You rarely hear of any close family member being so helpful, let alone a spouse.

    Glad things seem to have worked out for!

    -Nicky

    ReplyDelete