Monday, October 26, 2009

Update 1 month later

Still doing Uberman! I got sick a few weeks ago, and made the choice to sleep like a normal person for a few days till my body repaired itself (which it did). The next week or so, I had a very, very difficult time readapting...I found myself oversleeping by 1-3 hours at least once a day. While this is still better than normal sleep, I really wanted to get back on track. No matter what though, I kept convincing myself that hitting the snooze button for 5 extra minutes would be ok, and then 3 hours later...

Then, I found myself continually hitting the snooze button, for up to an hour (like the old days), until it stopped, and I'd just continue to sleep.

I finally remembered the oh so helpful wakeup drills from Steve Pavlina, and decided to start those up again. That was the magic button for me, and I've been going pretty much perfectly on schedule till last night. Last night I went to a Halloween Party. I still kept to my naps in a hotel room, but there were major distractions each time and I couldn't sleep (during the second nap, about 10 people raided the room about 5 minutes into the nap). I also danced pretty hard while I was partying. The aftereffects of this was that I crashed the next day, sleeping for around 10 or so hours (the most I've had if forever it seems like). Getting up afterwards was pretty miserable, but I managed, and I suspect it will be a couple of days of tiredness to get back into the groove.

Looking forward to it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment